Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Flickr

Although I'd created a Flickr account a few years ago to share some wildflower photos with my dad, I'd forgotten this, so was starting from scratch. I tried to look at photos from libraries; public libraries were easiest. At the Lunar & Planetary Institute I really didn't find an, but enjoyed one from the UNT Health Science Center San Antonio (my friend receiving an award - something I'd seen in our newsletter).
This seems really fun for personnal sharing (it is so tough to send many photos via email, and the different email hosts and going from mac to pc complicates the matter.
For the library, it might be fun to show our first library, our new / remodled version, upcoming changes, and our existing (small) space. Including photos of our research day posters would be fun as well. Always have to get permission, or check - institutions are more protective the public libraries and university departments!
Then I decided to upload the few photos I had from our geological field trip to Tanzania last summer (didn't get far that year - vehicle breakdown!!). Was able to tag & label, too. Here they are:
http://flickr.com/gp/14285729@N03/9L3x53

1 comment: