Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thing 14 - Delicious

Oh boy. I'm so used to using phrases for tags (rather than a single word) and wound up with three instead of one (2. 0 23 things becomes 2.0 and 23 and things). Had to clean this up.
But I understand the value of the tags, and the organization. Have used folders and quicklinks to organize bookmarks for a long time now, so rather than just learning about something new, using Delicious means changing an old habit - harder to do without a lot of motivation!

Ok - here is my delicious page link:
http://delicious.com/denahanson

I'm repeatedly finding that I don't always want to know what everyone else is thinking/feeling/tagging. Some trusted people would be good to share with, but I don't want to spend my time surfing around to see what just anyone has bookmarked / tagged.

Best advantage I see right now is the ability to see bookmarks from any computer... Like using Refworks to manage citations, because then I can find things at any computer in my organization - for example, when I'm teaching someone searching skills in their office instead of at my desk.
I'm looking forward to seeing if I can see these Delicious bookmarks at the office.

And I know a medical librarian I have a lot of respect for who has use Delicious to tag some useful websites; it will be useful to see what she has and how hers are organized. I'll have to find out her user name to see her stuff I think.

2 comments:

  1. Did you find items to add to your account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did! Ravelry (knitting community); TCU's library;Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce - good for Public Health information; and Cook Children's. Now I've found I can use this from the office, so will add some I use a lot with tags, and I can repeatly find them, even when I'm teaching at another desktop. Very cool!
    dfh

    ReplyDelete