Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thing 17 - LibWorm

I like the tag cloud! This cloud concept really appeals to me - one my favorite things to take away from the 23 things... Lots of technology related concepts/tags - 2.0 features, digital content, etc.(as one would expect). And copyright is still there! Look at how many ways one needs to look to find the open-access related feeds using tags.
Plenty of foreign language content (French, German, Dutch, Chinese).

The IM subject search returned a great piece on how to use Twitter in a library (feeding digital signage - a way to distribute vital information to studentson campus).
Enjoyed seeing the links for Pubget. Enjoyed seeing many of the new JMLA articles show up. Had a tough (actually unsucessful) time finding something on the best OPACS, or favorite OPACS. Actually, not very satisfying; had a tough time finding what I thought I was searching for on any topic, though interesting things did turn up in many searches. I will/would have to spend some time learning how to find what I really want before I would be able to latch onto a feed and really make use of this, as opposed, say, to watching my favorite list serv posts or searching a library-oriented database.

1 comment: