Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing 12 - Twitter

I'm using my name (denahanson) as my twitter screen name. I like the fact that I can deactivate this account if I choose; thanks for tipping us not to just add our email/password automatically.

This is another one of the applications that I'm glad to know about, will try using, but don't expect to use much. I don't have much inclination to be constantly letting many people what I'm thinking or doing at any one particular time - and maybe don't really want to know what many others are doing continuously either. And twitter isn't something we have access to from the hospital. It was fun to see the way that the Medical Library at the Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children (Nemours Foundation) uses their twitter account (Mr. Tweet)! It's up to date, and gives one ideas (motitvation!) for professional uses. Not many followers, but I'm going to track it for a while. Fun.

Did check for knitting things to follow, and found a favorite catalog that is tweeting. The knitting-related tweets I found (topical search) were so numerous that one would rarely find something useful without following a person/org specifically.

Guess it could be useful if for responding to radio shows (if you do that) - surely that is where I've heard about it the most, outside of the NT 23 things. In fact, the last place I heard about Twitter before doing this Thing was on NPR's Diane Rhehm Show this morning and on KERA's "anything you want to know" program at noon today.

1 comment: